Bacon Swiss Burgers
I came up with this when we wanted something other than regular hamburgers.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon chopped jarred jalapeno pepper
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 sourdough rolls, split
- Tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the jalapeno pepper, bacon, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Top with cheese. Spread mayonnaise on rolls. Serve hamburgers on rolls with tomato slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 409 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 734mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Bacon Swiss Burgers in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.