Bacon Swiss Burgers
I came up with this when we wanted something other than regular hamburgers.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon chopped jarred jalapeno pepper
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 sourdough rolls, split
- Tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the jalapeno pepper, bacon, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Top with cheese. Spread mayonnaise on rolls. Serve hamburgers on rolls with tomato slices if desired.