- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces, drained and finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onions in drippings until tender. Crumble bacon; add with mushrooms to skillet and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine beef, pork, cheese, pepper, garlic powder and steak sauce in a large bowl. Shape into 16 patties. Divide bacon mixture and place over eight of the patties. Place remaining patties on top and press edges tightly to seal. Grill over medium coals until well-done (pork sausage in burgers requires thorough cooking). Serve on buns, with lettuce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBacon-Stuffed Burgers
"it was good"
"My husband and son LOVED this burger. The addition of the mushrooms to the bacon-onion filling brought this burger up a notch. They both said they can't wait to have it again! I made only 6 large burgers instead of the 8 indicated."
"I make this with the Cheesy Onion Burger Buns, a recipe also from this site. Every one loves this recipe and because of the awesome flavors you dont need all the condiments and stuff. Make sure when you put the bacon in the patty that you put it in the center leaving room around the edges to seal, otherwise they will fall apart while cooking."