Valerie Belley of St. Louis, Missouri enhances her pared-down potato dish by adding a layer of sliced onions and sprinkling of crumbled bacon. "They make the potatoes seem more special," she says. "The recipe can easily be doubled for company, too."
Recommended: Top 10 Bacon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, layer the potatoes and onions. Pour white sauce over the top. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Scalloped Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p23
Reviews forBacon Scalloped Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2013
"The best i ever had!"