Bacon Roll-Ups with Mustard Sauce
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups herb stuffing mix
- 1/4 pound uncooked Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 16 bacon strips, halved
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in stuffing; cool. Transfer to a bowl; stir in pork sausage and egg. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape stuffing mixture into 1-in. balls; wrap each with a bacon strip half and secure with a toothpick. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and refrigerate. Serve with warm roll-ups.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 94 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat.
Oct 24, 2010
We all loved them. I used to make them with regular butter and they would be very salty since bacon has a high content of salt. I now use unsalted butter and they are so much better. ike them better then sausage balls.This mustard sauce was new to me so I made it too. It also was a big hit. I had some sauce left over. Later I tried it on a hamburger. Turned out great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.