VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 10 bacon strips
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, celery salt, garlic powder, salt, pepper and onion mixture; toss to mix evenly. Add egg; toss to coat bread cubes. Roll into ten 1-1/4-in. balls. Wrap a bacon strip around each ball. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon roll-ups on all sides over medium heat for 18 minutes or until bacon is crisp and a thermometer inserted into stuffing reads at least 160°. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 10 roll-ups.
Originally published as Bacon Roll-Ups in Country Extra March 2004, p49
Reviews forBacon Roll-Ups
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2018
"What is the oven temperature? Not mentioned in the directions. Will try at 350 and see how it goes."