Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cottage cheese, milk, onion and dressing mix. Spread in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with bacon and cheese. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
Sep 29, 2019
These were so good! I only made a half of recipe. I was worried that 3 cups of potatoes would be enough but it was actually plenty.
Jun 8, 2011
Yum! I made this for a church pot luck, and everyone wanted the recipe. Then I made it for a family get together, and ditto. The only thing I did different was I didn't use any milk. I had read where people said the potatoes were soupy, so I just mashed them with the cottage cheese. This recipe is a keeper!
May 6, 2011
We just tried these today and took them to a cook-out. Delicious.. they were a little runny right out of the oven but as they sat for a few minutes they were fine.. worth the trouble making.. everyone wanted the recipe...
Oct 12, 2010
The flavor combination was really nice. I would do a few things differently next time:- use shallot onions instead of white- mix some of the bacon into the potatoes before baking, them top with the remainingEnjoyed the cracker topping. Everyone at the table enjoyed them.The first scoop was runny. Maybe because it was the corner???? And it wasn't due to my mashed potatoes -- they were not runny but firm. Not sure what happened.It makes a lot, so good for a party!
Oct 19, 2009
I tried this recipe at Christmas time. It was a hit! Especially with the men - the flavour combination were delicious!