Bacon-Ranch Mini Loaves Recipe
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onions in reserved drippings until tender; cool.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, dressing mix, garlic powder, baking soda and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese, bacon and onions.
- 3. Transfer to four greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Editor's Note: Bread can be baked in two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans for 35-40 minutes.
1 slice: 167 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.