When I had my kitchen remodeled, I lost the recipe for these mushrooms. But I'd shared it so many times, I had no trouble finding someone to “lend” it back to me. —Beverly Pierce, Indianola, Mississippi
Featured In: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 large fresh mushrooms (about 1 pound), stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sherry or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add mushroom caps; cook 2 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with salt. Remove with tongs; drain on paper towels, stem side down.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil 5 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until filling is browned. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon-Pecan Stuffed Mushrooms in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p41
Reviews forBacon-Pecan Stuffed Mushrooms
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review