Bacon-Onion Green Beans Recipe
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 2. Meanwhile, place beans in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until crisp-tender, 4-7 minutes; drain.
- 3. Place beans in a large bowl; toss with bacon and onion mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 84 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Onion Green Beans
"The best green beans"
"Try balsamic vinegar....YUM!"
"These were flavorful. Simple to make with ingredients on hand."
"This is my favorite vegetable side dish! I served it when we hosted Easter -- everyone raved about it. There were not leftovers."
"Very tasty! And such an attractive presentation."
"These were so yummy! My friend's not a very big green bean fan, and she loved them."