Bacon Onion Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place the asparagus in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the vinegar, bacon and remaining salt and pepper.
- Transfer the asparagus to a large shallow bowl; top with warm bacon dressing and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Mar 1, 2015
Very tasty! Love how the onions soak up the cider vinegar
Apr 18, 2012
This is delicious. I served it with the Peachy Chicken on the same page and white rice.
Mar 5, 2012
Yum! I will make this again and again.
Mar 9, 2011
Very tasty. Will definitely make again. Left off the sesame seeds because I ran out of time and I didn't have them toasted.
Apr 28, 2008
WOW, Thanks for posting the link to the recipe, Recipe-Bot. This will be a great passing dish at cookouts this summer. John
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.