Bacon ‘n’ Egg Bake
Our two daughters live about 3 hours away. Whenever I ask what they would like me to make that's special when they visit, they mention this casserole.—Greta Larter, Windermere, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Toasted English muffins, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese sauce and sour cream.
- Pour half of the sauce into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the eggs and bacon; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with English muffins if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 508 calories, 40g fat (21g saturated fat), 405mg cholesterol, 1063mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Bacon N Egg Bake in Casserole Cookbook