Bacon ‘n’ Egg Bagels
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 bagels, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup garden vegetable cheese spread
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 8 bacon strips, halved
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Spread each bagel half with cheese spread. Place olives on bagel bottoms; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Heat drippings over medium-hot heat. Add eggs; reduce heat to low. Fry until white is completely set and yolk begins to thicken but is not hard.
- Place an egg on each bagel bottom. Layer with cheese, bacon and bagel tops.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 21, 2009
I leave out the pimento-stuffed Olives. This recipe has become a favorite at our house, one I often turn to when I can't decide what to fix. We love it! I have fixed it by cooking up the bacon first, and also simply reheated pre-cooked bacon to save time. Using the pre-cooked bacon, it is a standby quick meal at our house.