Bacon-Mustard Salad Dressing
"A tossed green salad topped with this creamy dressing is a great way to round out a meal," assures Fran Scott of Birmingham, Michigan. "The tangy-sweet blend of flavors complements lettuce and tomatoes so nicely. It's also a tasty dressing for potato salad.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (white portion only)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels. Add orange juice to the drippings; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Place the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor; add orange juice mixture and bacon. Cover and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 62 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Bacon-Mustard Salad Dressing in Light & Tasty Premiere 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.