Bacon Mushroom Chicken
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with seasoned salt. Brown in bacon drippings. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, mayonnaise, corn syrup and onion; spread 1/4 cup over chicken. Top with bacon and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with remaining honey mixture.
6 ounce-weight: 586 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 956mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 0 fiber), 42g protein.
Jun 17, 2018
Very good!! Similar to the Alice Springs chicken at Outback restaurant. Will definitely make this again
Jan 7, 2017
Excellent company-worthy chicken. Simple, yet presents beautifully. Will definitely make again.
Sep 1, 2015
A favorite with the kids and adults around here. Dinner is ready in less than an hour.
Jan 25, 2015
Has anyone tried this with cheddar cheese? That's what I have on hand, wondered if it might give it a good flavor. Sounds like a great recipe, can't wait to try this!
Oct 19, 2014
Dec 31, 1969
Dec 31, 1969
Aug 2, 2013
Really luv this recipe. Have made it numerous times, but never have rated it.
Mar 23, 2013
It was delicious though I did things a bit different. I used fresh onion and sautéed that with the mushrooms in the bacon grease and after pouring the sauce over the chicken I topped it with the mushrooms and onions. It turned out amazing and my husband loved it!
Jul 15, 2011
This chicken was incredible! My husband and I both loved it, and it really wasn't that hard to make. I used fresh shredded parmesan instead of mozzarella and I think I prefer it that way. The parm really complemented the existing flavours and textures.