Bacon-Mushroom Brussels Sprouts
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place brussels sprouts in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm.
- 2. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion and mushrooms in the drippings for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Add the broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until broth is reduced by half. Stir in brussels sprouts and bacon.
1 cup: 166 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 9, 2016
YUM to the 10th degree is this recipe. It's the best Brussels sprouts medley I have ever made. I cooked the sprouts for 6 minutes because we like them more al dente. I used a few more mushrooms because I wanted to use them up. This is definitely a keeper!!!