I'm the mother of two teenagers, co-owner of a plumbing business with m y husband and I work part-time, so a tried-and-true recipe like this is treasured. I always make it for our family's Christmas brunch.—Tammi Evans, Battle Creek, Michigan
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Mushroom Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 18 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with 1 cup cream. Pour into a lightly greased large skillet. cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are set. Combine the soup and remaining cream; set aside.
- In another skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. In an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer the eggs, bacon, mushrooms and cheese. Pour soup mixture over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Mushroom Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p270