Bacon Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomato, celery and green onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 290 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Macaroni Salad
"for those of you who have made this:do the salt&pepper amounts taste right to you? doesn't seem like enough of either even though bacon is salty"
"Going to make it."
"Sounds good, can't wait to make it!"
"A great base recipe to start with! Made this for Labor Day party and made it again since then. I added a little garlic powder and used champagne vinegar and a little bit of dill pickle juice to zip it up. Best of compliments: a clean bowl!"
"What a big hit!! Everyone loved it at our party! Will make it again!"
"I made this for my husband's birthday barbecue last month. We had a few people over and the bowl was empty at the end of the meal."
"I doubled this recipe and only used 2 tsp of vinegar. Used more salt and pepper. Brought it to a large family gathering and everyone loved i! Lots of compliments."
"I saw this same salad in the Jewels Food Store Deli. Bought a half pound. Figured out simple ingredients, looked up recipe, found this one. Only difference is they added cheddar cheese, green and red pepper. I added 1/2 cup Cesar dressing, and little grlic powder. YUMMMM."