Bacon-Jalapeno Mushrooms with Ranch Sauce
Tender mushrooms are stuffed with a zesty bacon and jalapeno cream cheese mixture, then baked to golden perfection. When served alongside the flavorful lime-ranch dipping sauce, it's a great game day snack! —Kelly Byler, Goshen, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes2 dozen mushrooms plus 1-1/2 cups leftover sauce
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch dip mix
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set caps aside; discard stems or save for another use. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, peppers, cheddar cheese, onion and bacon. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Dollop 1 teaspoon sauce over each mushroom. Serve remaining sauce with fresh vegetables or save for another use.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 65 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Bacon-Jalepeno Stuffed Mushrooms with a Zesty Ranch Dipping Sauce in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.