Bacon & Gorgonzola Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup bacon bits, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, onions, celery, 1 tablespoon chives, salt, pepper and sugar. Stir in cheese and 1/2 cup bacon bits. Fold in tomatoes and potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining chives and bacon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 566 calories, 36g fat (12g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1226mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Jun 26, 2011
This recipe is fabulous. I am now required to bring it to all the family gatherings. It has become a family staple! It is also simple enough to make on our 4th of July camping trips. It was even popular with the younger kids!
May 17, 2010
I LOVE Gorgonzola cheese, so I thought this was wonderful!!!