Bacon & Gorgonzola Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup bacon bits, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, onions, celery, 1 tablespoon chives, salt, pepper and sugar. Stir in cheese and 1/2 cup bacon bits. Fold in tomatoes and potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining chives and bacon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 566 calories, 36g fat (12g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1226mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 26, 2011
This recipe is fabulous. I am now required to bring it to all the family gatherings. It has become a family staple! It is also simple enough to make on our 4th of July camping trips. It was even popular with the younger kids!
May 17, 2010
I LOVE Gorgonzola cheese, so I thought this was wonderful!!!