Bacon Garlic Bread
Guests at your next backyard barbecue will request our home economist's recipe for this grilled garlic bread. Serve it as an appetizer or side dish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mayonnaise, bacon and garlic. Spread over cut sides of bread; reassemble loaf. Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 36x18-in.); seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Unwrap and separate bread halves. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 232 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Garlic Bacon Bread in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.