Bacon Garlic Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mayonnaise, bacon and garlic. Spread over cut sides of bread; reassemble loaf. Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 36x18-in.); seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Unwrap and separate bread halves. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 232 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 1, 2019
This bread is definitely a 5* winner! 6/27/2019 I made this bread. I added 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms to the bacon-garlic spread and I baked the bread, tightly wrapped, at a higher temperature (425o F.) for 15 minutes, unwrapped the bread, separated halves and broiled after sprinkling with the Italian cheese blend-watched carefully so that the bread and topping did not burn!
Jun 24, 2019
We had this delicious bread tonight and declare it a 5-star winner. Instead of grilling, I used the oven and broiler. Also, I halved the recipe. I cooked the bacon earlier in the day.I wrapped it in foil and put it in a 350º oven for 5 minutes then opened the foil, separated the halves and sprinkled with Mozzarella cheese and sprinkled with Italian seasoning since I could not find any Italian cheese blend. Then put it under the broiler and watched it closely until it was bubbly and brown. Oooo, so good.