Bacon-Feta Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1. Carefully cut a pocket in each chicken breast. Fill with bacon and cheese; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- 2. Drain one can of tomatoes, discarding juice; add to the skillet with the undrained can of tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover; simmer 5 minutes longer or until the chicken is no longer pink and the tomato mixture is thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 125 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Feta Stuffed Chicken
"Surprisingly simple and quite good. Another time I'd add a little more flavour to the tomatoes."
"Just saw the local Providence news use this recipe! Missed it on tv, so I searched for it & who would thunk it's a fellow Okeechobee, Floridian who posted it?Lived there for over 30 years! Wow...This is a fantastic recipe & it shold be re-posted & brought to the light of day again!Delicious! Only drawback? Need to double for my family of 4! No leftovers in my house & everyone wanted more!"
"I made this tonight. Very good!! Can't wait to see how the leftovers are."
"I have made this so many times and it's so good and looks pretty"
"I used salsa instead of diced tomatoes and sprinkled a tablespoon of feta cheese into the salsa while cooking. Hubby said it was awesome!"