Bacon-Feta Stuffed Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Carefully cut a slit in the deepest part of each chicken breast. Fill with bacon and cheese; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Drain one can of tomatoes; add to skillet. Stir in the remaining tomatoes; sprinkle with basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in the chicken breast reads 170° and the tomato mixture is thickened. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 125 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Feb 2, 2014
Surprisingly simple and quite good. Another time I'd add a little more flavour to the tomatoes.
Aug 6, 2013
Good recipe, have made many times since it was first published. Easy and healthy.
Sep 6, 2012
Just saw the local Providence news use this recipe! Missed it on tv, so I searched for it & who would thunk it's a fellow Okeechobee, Floridian who posted it?Lived there for over 30 years! Wow...This is a fantastic recipe & it shold be re-posted & brought to the light of day again!Delicious! Only drawback? Need to double for my family of 4! No leftovers in my house & everyone wanted more!
Apr 6, 2011
I made this tonight. Very good!! Can't wait to see how the leftovers are.
Nov 15, 2008
I have made this so many times and it's so good and looks pretty
Jun 30, 2008
I used salsa instead of diced tomatoes and sprinkled a tablespoon of feta cheese into the salsa while cooking. Hubby said it was awesome!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.