Bacon-Feta Chicken Rolls
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 roasted sweet red pepper halves, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Top each with two strips bacon, 1/4 cup feta cheese and a red pepper half; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roll up starting with short side, bringing the ends to meet. Tie at 1-1/2-in. intervals with kitchen string.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove string.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 781mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Feb 12, 2015
Jul 26, 2010
Yum! We browned the chicken in the bacon drippings, and poured the rest of the drippings over the rolls in the casserole dish before baking. The combination of flavors in this recipe was wonderful.
Apr 30, 2009
After browning the chicken i pour some water in the pan to loosen the brown bits then i poured it over the chicken and used to baste. This way the meat stayed moist.Really good recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.