Terry Kuehn of Waunakee, Wisconsin stacks cheese, Canadian bacon and poached eggs on an English muffin to make this appealing eye-opener. Perfect for one, this delicious open-face sandwich is special enough for guests, too.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 slices process American cheese
- 2 slices Jones Canadian Bacon
- In a skillet, saucepan or omelet pan with high sides, bring 2-3 in. water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer. Holding the dish close to the surface of the water, slip eggs, one at a time, into the water. Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread cream cheese over muffin halves. top with cheese slices. In a small skillet, cook Canadian bacon until heated through; place over cheese. Using a slotted spoon, place eggs over bacon. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Egg English Muffin in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p12