Bacon, Cremini & Brie Potatoes for Two
This is my version of an ultimate baked potato. Rich Brie, crispy bacon and cremini mushrooms transform the humble baked potato into something really special. —Jan Valdez, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 pound sliced baby portobello (cremini) mushrooms
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub potato skins with oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until tender.
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute mushrooms in drippings.
- Cut a 2-in. "X" in tops of potatoes; insert cheese slices. Top with mushrooms, bacon and chives.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 531 calories, 34g fat (13g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 781mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Baked Potato with Brie, Bacon and Cremini Mushrooms in Taste of Home December/January 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.