- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, onion and milk until blended. On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; press perforations to seal.
- Spread with cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with bacon. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Using a serrated knife, cut roll crosswise into twenty-four (1/2-inch) slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets, cut side down.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forBacon Cream Cheese Pinwheels
"As a college student with not very many kitchen resources, ingredients, or dishes, these were so easy to make! Made them with friends and they turned out wonderfully. Will be making again!"
"These had a really good flavor and everyone who tried them liked them, but I couldn't cut them into circles. Even with a serrated knife, they came out like little blobs and kind of sealed themselves shut. Not sure if I rolled them too small, or maybe I need to chill them first next time."
"This looks wonderful, but is the carb count correct? I'm a diabetic and am not sure 4 carbs is correct. Please let me know. I would Love to make this..."
"Delicious! Instead of the regular cream cheese, milk and chopped onion - I bought a tub of onion and chive flavor soft cream cheese. It spread on easily and was delicious with the bacon. As mentioned in TOH magazine, I dipped each one in shredded Parmesan cheese before baking. I will definitely make these again."
"These were good, easy , and versatile. I've made them three times and used different fillings each time - sausage and green chile, chopped olives and sausage, and sharp cheddar and parmesan."
"These are good and super easy to make. You can used flavored cream cheese and any meats you like. The bacon cream cheese with bacon pieces was a hit this year!"
"These were good. I made them for a Christmas party and the kids loved them. I made them ahead of time and then sliced and baked when I needed them."