- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Meanwhile, drain clams, reserving juice. Place clams in a small food processor; process until finely chopped.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into pan. Add reserved clam juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until soup is thickened. Stir in butter, cayenne and clams; heat through. Top servings with bacon. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forBacon Clam Chowder
"This was an easy and delicious chowder. I omitted the thyme and used a little Old Bay seasoning instead. It's definitely on my list to make again."
"I had to substitute a few ingredients but it turned out very good and very easy. A great way to use canned clams. I will definitely use this recipe again and again. Thank you for a great recipe."