- 12 bacon strips
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and cut into slices
- Dash salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness. Spread cream cheese down the center of each chicken breast; top with onion. Roll up from a long side; tuck ends in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap two bacon strips around each piece of chicken; secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBacon Chicken Roll-Ups
"I thought this was okay but not great. Pretty bland in my opinion."
"My husband said this recipe is a keeper!"
"Mine were made with smaller chicken breast. but delicious non the less.I coated the pan in butter to allow some of it to mix with the bacon grease and absorb. and some season salt. Mmmm when I learn how to post a pic I will"
"great for company and super easy and fast"
"very yummy :)"
"These are easy to make and very good. Next time I will try the Garlic and Chive Cream Cheese. I've made them a head of time too; and then just popped them in the oven when it was time to eat."
"I know I've written a review for these before, but all reviews seem to have disappeared?!?! Anyway, these are fantastic. I often make with a garlic and chive cream cheese. These are company pleasers and very simple. Our family loves them."
"I don't like onions so I don't put them in mine and it still turns out really good, I make my husbands with the onions and he loves it."
"Fantastic and simple. Just made two simple changes which I will do again. Had herb & garlic cream cheese in the fridge, so used that. If I don't have that handy next time I'll put garlic and herbs in myself. Also I caramelized the onions with a bit of brown sugar in the bacon drippings. Delish and yummy enough for company."
"My family absolutely LOVED this dish. It was so easy to make and fabulous."