- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 cups chopped romaine
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Heat chicken according to package directions. Cool slightly; coarsely chop chicken.
- For dressing, place cheese, vinegar, water and pepper in a small food processor; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, chicken, tomatoes and bacon. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup dressing).
Reviews forBacon Chicken Chopped Salad
"Grilled plain chicken breast using citrus and basil seasoning and used lite bleu cheese. We loved it...recipe is a keeper."
""My family isn't fond of blue cheese so I substituted feta. The flavor was great but super salty so we combined the finished dressing with ranch and it was the perfect blend!""
"Made this last night, we enjoyed it very much. Fair warning, the blue cheese dressing is VERY strong. If you're not a big fan of blue cheese use a very mild blue. Would be great with some Buffalo flavoring on the chicken.Sue StetzelField Editor ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"