Bacon Cheeseburgers for 2
For these change-of-pace burgers, the popular toppings are cooked inside the patties. That way, you get a burst of cheese and bacon flavors in every bite.—Deborah Biggs, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 slices tomato
- 1/3 cup fresh baby spinach
- Heat bacon according to package directions for crisp bacon; cool. Finely crumble into a large bowl; add the cheese, vinegar, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with tomato and spinach.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 423 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1015mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Double-Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburger for Two in Country Woman June/July 2010