VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Stir in bacon, tomatoes, ketchup, pickle and mustard; heat through.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Spoon meat mixture onto bun bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Elm Street Cheeseburger Joes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p242