Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 hamburger buns, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 8 dill pickle slices
- For croutons, place bun cubes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with garlic salt; toss to coat. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the ketchup, mustard and pepper; heat through.
- Divide lettuce among four dinner plates; top each with tomatoes, meat mixture, cheese and bacon. Garnish with croutons and pickles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 463 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1765mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Sep 17, 2015
What a unique idea for dinner! I really liked this and unlike another reviewer; I did not find it too much work at all.
Oct 30, 2008
It was easy and delicious. A nice change from a burger. I didn't find it to be anymore work than taco salad, maybe a bit less work. I added a dollop of miricle whip on top and I think it would also be great with a bit of ranch dressing!!!
Oct 12, 2008
I made this dish and honestly it was just a lot of work. It was good, and it was neat to try but my family would have been just as satisfied with Taco Salad which I could closely compare this dish too and with less work.
Oct 1, 2008
Yummy Yummy Yummy! Next time I make it I'm going to use tomato sauce in stead of ketchup. I'm not a big fan of the ultra sweet taste of ketchup.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.