Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 hamburger buns, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 8 dill pickle slices
- For croutons, place bun cubes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with garlic salt; toss to coat. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the ketchup, mustard and pepper; heat through.
- Divide lettuce among four dinner plates; top each with tomatoes, meat mixture, cheese and bacon. Garnish with croutons and pickles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 463 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1765mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 14, 2019
We are eating more salads at our house so anything that will tickle the taste buds gets a try. We had some doubts about this one but bacon covers a multitude of bad so we decided to give it a try. I didn't find it difficult at all to make since I bake my bacon, I just baked the croutons at the same time. However, I may change the cheese to the ones we like best such as pepper jack.
Sep 17, 2015
What a unique idea for dinner! I really liked this and unlike another reviewer; I did not find it too much work at all.
Oct 30, 2008
It was easy and delicious. A nice change from a burger. I didn't find it to be anymore work than taco salad, maybe a bit less work. I added a dollop of miricle whip on top and I think it would also be great with a bit of ranch dressing!!!
Oct 12, 2008
I made this dish and honestly it was just a lot of work. It was good, and it was neat to try but my family would have been just as satisfied with Taco Salad which I could closely compare this dish too and with less work.
Oct 1, 2008
Yummy Yummy Yummy! Next time I make it I'm going to use tomato sauce in stead of ketchup. I'm not a big fan of the ultra sweet taste of ketchup.