Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 20 dill pickle slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon pizza or Italian seasoning
- 1. Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 2. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with pizza sauce. Top with beef mixture, bacon, pickles and cheeses. Sprinkle with pizza seasoning. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
2 each: 841 calories, 43g fat (22g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 1989mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 53g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
"This was really, really good. Didn't change a thing. Was fantastic!"
"No hamburger rolls? No problem! This recipe came in handy when teenagers were asking for cheeseburgers and we were out of buns. Heated up the oven as we assembled. Like others we did not use all the cheese specified. The dill pickles gave it an unsual twist but all agreed the best part was the addition of the bacon! Great hearty pizza."
"My whole family really enjoyed this pizza and it is something we will probably make again. I just chopped my pickle slices and sprinkled them on top of half the pizza after it was done baking since I have a couple of picky eaters. The only change I would probably make next time is halving the amount of cheese. I love cheese and always use extra, but 4 cups seemed like an extreme amount for 1 pizza."
"My husband and I love this pizza!"
"was good but didnt realize how many calories it had till i was almost done cooking it, so i only had a slice.."
"I make this pizza a lot but instead of pizza sauce, I mix ketchup and mustard together for the sauce. That makes it taste more like a bacon cheeseburger"
"My husband & I both loved the pickles! Never had a pizza with pickles & they were a great addition! This is a pizza I would definitely make again!"
"This is a great recipe. I do recommend it anddefinitely will try it again. The pickles add a great flavor to this."
"i've been making this now for several years. Always a winner in my house!!"
"This is very good but I cut the amount of cheese in half - 4cups sounded like a lot compare to other recipes. I used refrigerated pizza dough. It could do without the pickles."
"That looks AWESOME! I'm SO going to try it :D"