- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, optional
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Parsley sprigs and diced pimientos, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and onions if desired. Stir in bacon. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Invert a small bowl in the center of a serving platter. Drop cream cheese mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls around edge of bowl. Remove bowl. Smooth cream cheese mixture, forming a wreath. Garnish with parsley and pimientos if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 3 cups.
Reviews forBacon Cheese Wreath
"Everyone always wants me to bring my regular cheese ball to parties because it is so good. This year I made this bacon cheese wreath and it disappeared in minutes! Everyone raved about it! For a non-Christmas event, I'm going to shape it in a ball and roll in bacon!"
"Add 1/2 tsp of garlic powder to give it a wonderful flavor-it was too bland for us and this was the perfect touch. We omitted the pimento and parsley b/c no one wanted it!"
"Easter egg shape sounds good - suggestions on how to decorate? thanks"
"I have made this recipe for over 25 years and my Great Aunt made it for the family before that. It is a must have at all family get-togethers. We also change the shape to fit the theme of the party.My recipe calls for Miracle Whip though instead of regular mayonnaise and I think it does add a little extra flavor. The end decoration is different also, as we sprinkle chopped parsley over the entire wreath to look green and then use strips of roasted red pepper to make the bow. Try this recipe, you will love it."
"I made this Wreath last year and it was a major hit! My familiy has since requested it at most holiday meals. I have shaped it into several different things to suit the holiday. At valentines day, of course it was a heart, New Years a snowflake (I used a large cookie cutter with plastic wrap inside,I compacted it into the mold, flipped it over and placed it on the plate, I used 3 different sizes it was very cute), Oh and easter it was an easter egg. Long story short...this recipe is a winner!"
"i made this years ago always wanted to make it now i canhappy holidays"