Bacon Cheese Stromboli
Abby Thompson of Madison Heights, Virginia uses refrigerated pizza dough to speed up preparation of this bacon-filled breakfast stromboli. "Our kids love cheesy slices with salsa and sour cream," she reports.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jar (12 ounces) salsa
- Sour cream, optional
- On an ungreased baking sheet, roll the dough into a 12-in. circle. One one half of dough, sprinkle cheeses and bacon to within 1/2 in. of edges. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Bake at 425° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 389 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1222mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Bacon Cheese Stromboli in Quick Cooking September/October 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.