Abby Thompson of Madison Heights, Virginia uses refrigerated pizza dough to speed up preparation of this bacon-filled breakfast stromboli. "Our kids love cheesy slices with salsa and sour cream," she reports.
Recommended: 25 Christmas Potluck Appetizers for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jar (12 ounces) salsa
- Sour cream, optional
- On an ungreased baking sheet, roll the dough into a 12-in. circle. One one half of dough, sprinkle cheeses and bacon to within 1/2 in. of edges. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Bake at 425° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Cheese Stromboli in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p12
Reviews forBacon Cheese Stromboli
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2009
"i spread a little of the salsa on the dough before i aded the cheese and bacon, then followed the rest as written was wonderful!!!"