Bacon Cheese Muffins
The first time I made these muffins, my husband thought he'd gone to heaven! I found the recipe in an old cookbook and added more spices for a little extra zip.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a another bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 200 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Bacon Cheese Muffins in Best of Country Breads
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.