Bacon Cheese Muffins
The first time I made these muffins, my husband thought he'd gone to heaven! I found the recipe in an old cookbook and added more spices for a little extra zip.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a another bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 200 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Bacon Cheese Muffins in Best of Country Breads