Bacon Cheese Fondue Recipe
When I'm looking for an appetizer with mass appeal but want a change from the usual cheese spread, this is the recipe I make. Everyone enjoys the rich flavor. —Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
- 4 to 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese cubes; cook and stir until melted. Stir in sour cream, jalapeno if desired and bacon; cook and stir just until heated through. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 3-3/4 cups.
4 tablespoons: 305 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Cheese Fondue
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC