Bacon Cheese Biscuits Recipe
In Douglas, Georgia, Kimberly Harrell can stir up a golden batch of these simple savory biscuits in no time. With bacon and cheese throughout, they make a nice accompaniment to soup or chili.
- 2 cups self-rising flour*
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 12 ounces sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking soda. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until combined. Fold in the bacon and cheese.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 4-5 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 9 biscuits.
1 each: 319 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Cheese Biscuits
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC