- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 large plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped, divided
- 1 tube (10.2 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and milk until smooth. Stir in the bacon, cheese, onion and half of the tomato; set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces; press each piece into a greased miniature muffin cup. Fill with cream cheese mixture; top with remaining tomato.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Reviews forBacon-Cheese Biscuit Bites
"perfect party or gettogether recipie will make again"
"I found this recipe to be rather average, it didn't have a lot of flavor. I would like to try this recipe again with cooked and crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese instead of swiss, either minced garlic or garlic powder, and finely chopped onion instead of minced onion. The only changes I made to the original version when I made it was to use a regular muffin tin and only halve the biscuits."
"Pretty easy to make and very delicious. an awesome twist to just regular plain old biscuits."
"Great recipe. I mixed everything together the night before and then just did the biscuits in the mini muffin pan and it didn't take long at all. Everyone loved them at a meeting today."
"I doubled the ingredients in this recipe for an anniversary party and the bites were the first thing to go. I made them again for a potluck dinner at work, but made one change by substituting frozen phyllo shells for the biscuits. I filled the frozen shells and baked according to the recipe directions. My coworkers raved about them. In the future I shortcut the recipe and use the phyllo shells."