Bacon-Cheese Appetizer Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- Pastry for a single-crust pie
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Assorted crackers
- Roll the pastry into a 13-1/2-in. circle. Fit into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Lightly prick the bottom. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs and milk; beat until smooth. Add cheese, onions, bacon, salt, pepper and cayenne; mix well. Pour into the crust.
- Bake at 350° until set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes. Cool 20 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Cut into thin slices; serve warm with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without crackers): 136 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 17, 2010
I made this Bacon-Cheese Pie for an annual party that we go to and everyone loved it. I had four request for the recipe and there was not any on it left.
Sep 6, 2010
This is a huge hit! Need some suggestions from others, crust slid down the sides of the pan on first try. One more time, let the crust hang over the pan and baked that way - it looked beautiful BUT the spring action broke the crust and I was left with little around the cake. Do you serve with crackers?