Bacon Cheddar Quiche
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 14 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 5 large eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, layer the bacon, cheese, mushrooms and onion. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and cayenne; pour over the onion.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-1/2 minutes, stirring twice. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes or until set. Cut into wedges.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 218mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Aug 6, 2013
Have made this several times. The kids and I love it but the hubby not so much. This time I made it with turkey bacon as I wasn't going to pay over $5 for a pound of bacon. Also used Colby/Jack cheese this time but think I prefer it with the sharp cheddar I usually use.
Sep 29, 2010
this recipe became a quick family favorite from the start! i had to substitute fresh spinach for the mushrooms because daughter doesn't like them. here's the recipe converted to cups:14 bacon strips cooked & crumbled = 1-1/2c1 jar mushrooms = 3/4 c1 (10oz) pckg frozen spinach = 6c fresh = 1c cooked & drained1 (5oz) can evap'd milk = 2/3c
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.