- 14 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, layer the bacon, cheese, mushrooms and onion. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk and cayenne; pour over the onion. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6 minutes, stirring twice. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes or until set. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forBacon Cheddar Quiche
"Have made this several times. The kids and I love it but the hubby not so much. This time I made it with turkey bacon as I wasn't going to pay over $5 for a pound of bacon. Also used Colby/Jack cheese this time but think I prefer it with the sharp cheddar I usually use."
"this recipe became a quick family favorite from the start! i had to substitute fresh spinach for the mushrooms because daughter doesn't like them. here's the recipe converted to cups:14 bacon strips cooked & crumbled = 1-1/2c1 jar mushrooms = 3/4 c1 (10oz) pckg frozen spinach = 6c fresh = 1c cooked & drained1 (5oz) can evap'd milk = 2/3c"