- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 teaspoons sugar
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cauliflower, bacon, cheese, green pepper and onion. Combine the mayonnaise and sugar; spoon over cauliflower mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBacon Cauliflower Salad
"As I'm making this for a work luncheon tomorrow i cant help but think this might taste bland. Thinking leaving out the sugar because it might make it too sweet. I'm using Miracle Whip vs mayonnaise because that's all i had on hand. Those of you who have made this can you comment on if it needed any seasonings?"
"This is a wonderful salad and my family loves it. It is great for potlucks and picnics too."
"Simple recipe but sorry, I did change up the dressing for it. I am diabetic so I use 1/3 C. Splenda, 2/3 C. Mayo, 1tsp. Salt, 1/3 C Vinegar, some spices & I did not have block of cheese so I used Shredded Cheddar. Like ruthjoe, I added Red Onion as well. YUMMY!"
"I've made this several times and I LOVE it! I'm on Atkins and it fits in nicely with the low carb diet. I will make this in place of potato salad from now on. I used 3 T of granulated Splenda instead of sugar and used 4 green onions instead of a regular onion.. It tastes good with green or red bell peppers. And I agree with the previous reviewer....a pound of bacon is a lot. I used 8 striips. I also added appx 2/3 cup frozen peas. Yum!"
"Heaven on earth! I crave this salad every couple months and have to make it! I do lessen the amount of onion. Wonderful."
"Very good salad! I used colby-jack cheese, red onion and 2 tablespoons sugar."
"Delicious. Everytime I make this I use a different cheese, our favorite is with Hot Pepper cheese. The whole family loves this salad."