Bacon Broccoli Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the bacon, broccoli, raisins and sunflower kernels; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar; pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 503 calories, 40g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Mar 19, 2018
A very delicious healthy salad! The sunflower seeds gave it a nice crunch.
Jun 1, 2015
I made this tonight and it was very good. The bacon and sunflower seeds made it so good.
May 1, 2015
My husband loves this salad. I substitute craisins for raisins and add some chopped apple. Mmmmm
Dec 28, 2010
This is a family favorite!
Jun 21, 2010
Delicious. Definitely a keeper. I made some adjustments in that I more than doubled the amount of broccoli, but kept everything else the same. I think the dressing is what really makes this salad. You can adjust the other ingredients, but stick to the basic dressing recipe for the sweet, salty and tangy taste you expect from this dish.