Bacon Brie Grilled Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper until blended. Add spinach; toss to coat.
- Place half of the cheese on four bread slices. Layer with bacon, spinach mixture, apple and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread; brush outsides of sandwiches with remaining oil.
- In a large skillet or grill pan, toast sandwiches over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 579 calories, 39g fat (15g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1134mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2016
I love it when I'm served food that is simple and delicious. DH made these sandwiches for our Sunday supper. I greatly enjoyed the creamy brie sandwiched between slices of Gala apple and crisp bacon.