- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper until blended. Add spinach; toss to coat.
- Place half of the cheese on four bread slices. Layer with bacon, spinach mixture, apple and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread; brush outsides of sandwiches with remaining oil.
- In a large skillet or grill pan, toast sandwiches over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBacon Brie Grilled Cheese
"I love it when I'm served food that is simple and delicious. DH made these sandwiches for our Sunday supper. I greatly enjoyed the creamy brie sandwiched between slices of Gala apple and crisp bacon."