Bacon Breakfast Sandwiches
This recipe is a standby when I need to make dinner in a snap. Our five children eat these sandwiches eagerly without complaint and agree they're better than any fast-food variety.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices American cheese
- Additional minced chives, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter. Beat the eggs, chives, water, salt and pepper; pour into skillet. Cook and stir gently until eggs are set.
- Top each muffin half with eggs, bacon, tomato and cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 607 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 493mg cholesterol, 1819mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Bacon Breakfast Sandwichs in Country Pork