To dress up plain recipes, I'll toss a bit of bacon into the mix, just like I did here. I'm always pleased with the results! Pieces of this hearty bread are almost a meal in themselves.
Recommended: 12 Ways to Make Monkey Bread
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Cut each biscuit into quarters. In a large bowl, gently toss onion mixture, biscuits, bacon, butter and cheese until combined. Transfer to a greased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Pull-Apart Bacon Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p14
Reviews forBacon Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review