To dress up plain recipes, I'll toss a bit of bacon into the mix, just like I did here. I'm always pleased with the results! Pieces of this hearty bread are almost a meal in themselves.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Cut each biscuit into quarters. In a large bowl, gently toss onion mixture, biscuits, bacon, butter and cheese until combined. Transfer to a greased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Originally published as Pull-Apart Bacon Bread in Country Woman Christmas 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.